Have you stopped to think who the stakeholders are in dementia-friendly businesses?
Yes, those with dementia and their families and caregivers. Yes, businesses everywhere need to start thinking about being dementia friendly.
Here is a sampling* of those businesses and community organizations:
- Business Owners – landscapers, plumbers, construction
- Community Based Services/Supports
- Faith Based Communities – Churches, Synagogues, Mosques
- Financial Services – Banks etc.
- Fire Department
- Gas Stations
- Grocery Stores
- Hair Dressers
- Health Care – Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Home Care, Home Health, Hospice
- Hospitals/Emergency Rooms
- Legal Services – Attorney’s etc.
- LGBTQ Service Providers
- Local Government
- Multi-Cultural Groups
- Parish Nurses
- Police/Sheriff’s Department
- Senior Center
- Social Workers
- Utility Providers – Water, Power, Gas, Cable
Are you on this list – ask yourself, what am I doing to be inclusive and age-friendly, how can I be dementia friendly?
Do something today!